Rock 'n' Roll - Rockabilly - Psychobilly chart July 2017
1 - SIROCCO BROS. : COME ON IN
- Second full-length from the Siroccos - raw authentic Rockabilly and Blues Bop with dark undertones and Charlie Feathers influences.
2 - DARREL HIGHAM : HELL'S HOTEL
- Rockabilly guitar man Higham presents a superb collection of songs that capture the cathartic essence of his moving forward in life.
3 - BO WALTON - BREAK ON OUT
- First class Rock 'n' Roll music which combines Rockabilly rhythms, pop melodies and Country twang.
4 - THE DISCOVERIES - THE DISCOVERIES
- The debut album from an exciting young band bringing their fresh Rockabilly and Rock ‘n’ Roll sounds to the scene.
5 - BULLETS - SOMETHIN' REAL GOOD
- More wild rockin' action from The Bullets! Superb third album the UK rockabilly trio - now with new bass player Darren Richards.
6 - ALICE JAYNE - INSIDE THE COVER
A stunning mix of Rockabilly, Blues and Soul delivered with infectious passion, authenticity and stylish flair.
7 - RUSTI STEEL & THE STARTONES - DON'T TAKE THE RHYTHM FROM THE BLUES
Rusti Steel has been rockin' the hillbilly music for many years - and this new album is one of his very best and most diverse to date.
8 - BERNIE WOODS & THE FOREST FIRES : 7 ULTIMATE GUITARS
- UK Rock 'n' Roll favourites release their new album with guest appearances from some of the rockin' scene's top guitarists including Darrel Higham, John O'Malley and Bill Crittenden.
9 - MOUSE ZINN : EMBASSY RECORDINGS
- Brand new rockabilly recordings from Mouse Zinn - frontman of Red Hot 'n' Blue and The Space Cadets - with rockin' guitar man Darrel Higham.
10 - DEVIL'S DEUCE - SUPERCHARGED
- After causing a stir with their "Passion Pit" EP, Cornwall's Devil's Deuce unleash 15 power-packed blasts of full throttle High-Octane rockabilly!
1 - VARIOUS : ROCKABILLY RED HOT & RARE Volume 3 (4CD)
- 100 rare and rockin' 1950s rockabilly originals inc Jackie Lee Cochran, The Jiants, Werly Fairburn, Hank Mizell, Alvis Wayne, Marvin Rainwater. Curtis Gordon and many others.
2 - ELVIS PRESLEY : AT THE MOVIES Volume 2 (4CD)
- Four disc collection gathering the music from Elvis Presley's movies Wild in the Country, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream, Kid Galahad and Girls Girls Girls.
3 - VARIOUS ARTISTS : ROCKABILLY REVOLUTION 3CD
- Three disc set with 60 original rockabilly essentials from Johnny Burnette, Charlie Feathers, Janis Martin, Joe Clay, Dale Hawkins and many others.
4 - LINK WRAY : THE RUMBLE MAN CD + DVD
- Double disc CD & DVD recorded during Link Wray's UK tour of March 1996. The DVD is a mix of live footage and documentary, plus an extensive interview.
5 - HMV 1962 (4CD)
- Four disc set gathering 100 tracks released on HMV label 1962 inc Dion, Johnny Kidd, Mike Berry, The Outlaws, Jamie Coe, Jo Ann Campbell, Mike Pedicin and many others.
6 - VARIOUS : SKIFFLE VOLUME 1 4CD
- Four discs presenting 100 original recordings from the Skiffle era inc. Ken Colyer, The Vipers, Bob Cort, Lonnie Donegan, Johnny Duncan, Don Lang & many others.
7 - VARIOUS : DECCA 1962 4CD
Four discs presenting 100 tracks released as singles on the Decca label in 1962 inc The Tornados, Billy Fury, Jet Harris, Don Lang, Mark Wynter, Joe Brown & many mores.
8 - SANTO & JOHNNY : 5 ORIGINAL LPs 3CD
- Five original albums, plus bonus tracks - from Santo and Johnny Farina, the rock 'n' roll guitar duo from Brooklyn, New York best for their classic hit Sleepwalk.
9 - ROY ORBISON : OOBY DOOBY - THE SUN YEARS
- The early rockabilly recordings Roy Orbison made between 1956 and 1958, at the Memphis Recording Service prior to signing with the RCA-Victor and Monument labels.
10 - DON GIBSON - COMPLETE RECORDINGS 1952-1962 4CD
Four disc set presenting Don Gibson's complete recordings from 1952 to 1962.
1 - THE CRAMPS : HANKY PANKY
- Recordings from two superb performances, both originally live FM broadcasts. The Cramps love on stage in Belgium in April 1996, and Amsterdam from March 1990.
2 - THE METEORS : ATTACK OF THE CHAINSAW MUTANTS CD + DVD
Double-disc set from the psychobilly genre originators gathering 1980s live performances and promo videos.
3 - THE CARAVANS : IF IT AIN'T BROKE
- Ten inch coloured vinyl LP with brand new studio recordings from one of the UK's most consistent Neo-Rockabilly/Psychobilly bands.
4 - SURFIN' WOMBATZ : MENAGERIE OF ABONIATIONS
- Ten inch coloured vinyl LP with brand new studio recordings from the UK psychobilly bands which emerged out of the 1980s London scene.
5 - LONG TALL TEXANS : HEADLESS 10" LP VINYL
Limited Edition coloured vinyl ten-inch album with brand new recordings from the longstanding psychobilly scene favourites.
6 - BATMOBILE : BRAND NEW BLISTERS
- Dutch psychobilly legends, still with their original line-up, return the the scene with their first new studio album in 20 years!
7 - THE GRUMPYNATORS : CITY OF SIN CD
Genre-defying undergound rockers mixing Rockabilly, Punk & Hard Rock, drawing comparisons with Volbeat, Dropkick Murphys & Nekromantix.
8 - GO GO CULT : WE COME FROM PLANET GOO
CD release of the complete Headhunter sessions from the unique and Hypnotic Psycho-delic Garage Punkabilly band.
9 - LONG TALL TEXANS : FIVE BEANS IN THE WHEEL
Limited Edition coloured vinyl reissue of psychobilly scene favourites The Long Tall Texans album from 1989.
10 - SNAKERATTLERS : THIS IS RATTLEROCK
Stripped back and raw, the Snakerattlers carve their sound from trashy rockabilly, garage, surf and all things wrong in Rock 'n' Roll.
Trash Rock & Roll duo The Snakerattlers release their debut album "This Is Rattlerock!".
Stripped back and raw, the album draws on trashy rockabilly, garage, surf and all things wrong as Snakerattlers carve their own sound, while giving nods to the dark and obscure influences that drive them.
This Is Rattlerock was recorded on reel-to-reel tape by Adam Richards of Leeds rockabilly trio X Ray Cat Trio and has a fetishistic, trashy sound evoking the sounds of the cult 1960s Pebbles Compilations.
Like Lux and Ivy before them, Dan and Naomi Gott will enthrall you with this exciting new band, an evolution from their former garage punk three-piece The Franceens, which left their many fans dismayed when the band came to an end last year.
The Snakerattlers went public the week before the pair's wedding, with a self-organised gig in their hometown of York.
The band is inescapably entwined with Dan and Naomi's matrimony as they spend most weekends travelling the UK to satiate a hot appetite for their live Rock & Roll show.
Other highlights of the new releases come from The Sirocco Bros with their second full-length album of raw and rockin' Rockabilly and Blues Bop.
Their sound retains authenticity, with dark undertones and Charlie Feathers influences. Alice Jayne guests on two tracks.
50s Rock 'n' Roll collectors are treated to a third volume in the Rockabilly Red Hot and Rare series, delivering another 100 of the finest 1950s rockin' obscurities.
Other multi-disc sets come in the form of a second collection of movie songs from Elvis Presley, a 100 song set of tracks released on the HMV label in 1962, and a fine three-disc set compiling five original albums and more from guitar duo Santo and Johnny.
For psychobillies there is brand new material from scene stalwarts The Caravans and The Surfin' Wombatz.