Rock 'n' Roll - Rockabilly - Psychobilly chart August 2017
1 - SIROCCO BROS. : COME ON IN
- Second full-length from the Siroccos - raw authentic Rockabilly and Blues Bop with dark undertones and Charlie Feathers influences.
2 - JACKIE LEE COCHRAN : ROLLIN' ROCK RECORDINGS
- Two original albums - Swamp Fox and Rockabilly Legend - together on one CD. 24 original Rollin' Rock recordings by a true rockabilly legend.
3 - V.A. : IT'S A ROCKABILLY RIOT Volume 2
- 26 tracks from some of the rockin' scene's best bands inc The Retrobaits, Jack Rabbit Slim, The Bullets, Devil's Deuce, Darrel Higham, Sharna Mae etc
4 - DARREL HIGHAM : HELL'S HOTEL
- Rockabilly guitar man Higham presents a superb collection of songs that capture the cathartic essence of his moving forward in life.
5 - BO WALTON - BREAK ON OUT
- First class Rock 'n' Roll music which combines Rockabilly rhythms, pop melodies and Country twang.
6 - DIME STORE DUKES : CAN'T STOP ME FROM DREAMIN’ CD
15 rockabilly scorchers of the debut release from a new UK band featuring ex-members of Black Cat Trio, Del Rio Ramblers and The Rhythmaires.
7 - THE DISCOVERIES : THE DISCOVERIES
- The debut album from an exciting young band bringing their fresh Rockabilly and Rock ‘n’ Roll sounds to the scene.
8 - MR BREATHLESS : CAN'T STOP ROCKIN' CD
- Solid Rock 'n' Roll from the piano pounding wild man marking his return to the label that released his debut album no less than 20 years ago.
9 - ALICE JAYNE : INSIDE THE COVER
- A stunning mix of Rockabilly, Blues and Soul delivered with infectious passion, authenticity and stylish flair.
10 - JOHNNY KNIFE & HIS RIPPERS : SHARP AS A RAZOR CD
- Greasy rebel rockin' trio fronted by John Sindre Lynhaug of Rebels Revenge, with members of The Town Rebels and Foggy Mountain Rockers.
1 - VARIOUS : DOO-WOP Volume 1 (4CD)
- 100 of the greatest original Doo-Wop recordings from 1953 to 1957 inc The Harptones, The Flamingos, The Crows, The Orioles, The Prisonaires, The Vocaleers etc
2 - VARIOUS : ROCKABILLY RED HOT & RARE Volume 3 (4CD)
- 100 rare and rockin' 1950s rockabilly originals inc Jackie Lee Cochran, The Jiants, Werly Fairburn, Hank Mizell, Alvis Wayne, Marvin Rainwater. Curtis Gordon and many others.
3 - UNSUNG HEROES OF BRITISH ROCK 'n' ROLL (2CD)
- 50 of the finest British tracks from the Rock 'n' Roll era inc. Terry Dene, Terry Wayne, Vince Eager, Wee Willie Harris, Johnny Kidd, Vince Taylor, Dickie Pride etc.
4 - MONSTERS VAMPIRES VOODOOS & SPOOKS
- 33 undead slabs of gruesome ghoulish Rock 'n' Roll from Johnny Fuller, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, John Zacherle, Jackie Morningstar, Screaming Lord Sutch & many others.
5 - ELVIS PRESLEY : AT THE MOVIES Volume 2 (4CD)
- Four disc collection gathering the music from Elvis Presley's movies Wild in the Country, Blue Hawaii, Follow That Dream, Kid Galahad and Girls Girls Girls.
6 - VARIOUS ARTISTS : ROCKABILLY REVOLUTION 3CD
- Three disc set with 60 original rockabilly essentials from Johnny Burnette, Charlie Feathers, Janis Martin, Joe Clay, Dale Hawkins and many others.
7 - LINK WRAY : THE RUMBLE MAN CD + DVD
- Double disc CD & DVD recorded during Link Wray's UK tour of March 1996. The DVD is a mix of live footage and documentary, plus an extensive interview.
8 - HMV 1962 (4CD)
- Four disc set gathering 100 tracks released on HMV label 1962 inc Dion, Johnny Kidd, Mike Berry, The Outlaws, Jamie Coe, Jo Ann Campbell, Mike Pedicin and many others.
9 - ESQUERITA : WILDCAT SHAKEOUT REVISITED
- 24 of the greatest recordings from one of the most flamboyant artist of the Rock 'n' Roll era who cut some of the wildest, craziest records of the 1950s.
10 - THE SPOTNICKS : SURFIN' IN OUTER SPACE
- The complete 1961-'62 releases from the legendary Scandinavian instrumental band inc their complete first two albums and rare bonus tracks.
1 - THE CRAMPS : HANKY PANKY
- Recordings from two superb performances, both originally live FM broadcasts. The Cramps love on stage in Belgium in April 1996, and Amsterdam from March 1990.
2 - THE CARAVANS : IF IT AIN'T BROKE
- Ten inch coloured vinyl LP with brand new studio recordings from one of the UK's most consistent Neo-Rockabilly/Psychobilly bands.
3 - THE METEORS : ATTACK OF THE CHAINSAW MUTANTS CD + DVD
Double-disc set from the psychobilly genre originators gathering 1980s live performances and promo videos.
4 - KITTY IN A CASKET : RISE
- Kitty In A Casket take a firm stand, radical and undaunted on their new album "Rise", their most diverse release to date.
5 - STAGE FRITE : SCARIER THAN SWANS CD
- Newly reformed 1980s British psychobillies with a strong album of new recordings combining up to date sounds with their trademark old-school psychobilly feel.
6 - SURFIN' WOMBATZ : MENAGERIE OF ABONIATIONS
- Ten inch coloured vinyl LP with brand new studio recordings from one of the UK psychobilly bands to emerge out of the 1980s London scene.
7 - BEST OF BRITISH PSYCHOBILLY
- UK psychobilly from Long Tall Texans, The Caravans, Epileptic Hillbillys, Surfin’ Wombatz, Norm & The Nightmarez, Mad Dog Cole, Devil's Deuce and many others.
8 - LONG TALL TEXANS : HEADLESS 10" LP VINYL
Limited Edition coloured vinyl ten-inch album with brand new recordings from the longstanding psychobilly scene favourites.
9 - BATMOBILE : BRAND NEW BLISTERS
- Dutch psychobilly legends, still with their original line-up, return the the scene with their first new studio album in 20 years!
10 - HORST WITH NO NAME ORCHESTRA : BLACK SOULS IN BLUE JEANS CD
Rowdy rockin' Garage Rock 'n' Roll as Horst expands from a one man band to a duo, adding Orchestra to the name.
With Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent and even some R&B acts like Little Richard and Fats Domino gaining popularity in the 1950s, it was obvious that Britain could no longer rely on ageing pop singers to service the young rock 'n' roll audience and the search for home grown talent began.
"Unsung Heroes Of British Rock 'n' Roll" is an excellent 2CD set which turns the spotlight onto some of the lesser known Rock 'n' Roll acts that surfaced on our shores.
Although Tommy Steele can't quite be labelled as unsung, he was the first British teenage star to perform Rock 'n' Roll and scored the first home grown hit with the original song "Rock With The Caveman".
The journey rocks on with 50 tracks including Terry Dene's cracking "Baby She's Gone", Wee Willie Harris' "Riot in Cell Block No.9", Dickie Pride's "Slippin 'n' Slidin'" and Vince Taylor's Brand New Cadillac - perhaps the UK's greatest rock and roll record.
This is a remarkable trip down memory lane which will no doubt remind the fans and jukebox junkies of the era's underrated or forgotten gems.
The 1950s saw a huge renaissance of Horror, Monster and Vampire movies, TV shows and comics in the United States, which coincided with the arrival of Rock 'n' Roll.
This led to the appearance of a plethora of novelty discs, often on tiny, mysterious, local record labels, some of which crossed over to become major hits.
"Monsters Vampires Voodoos and Spooks" is a 33-track celebration of such recordings, ranging from the obscure to multi-million-sellers.
It includes hits like John Zacherle's ghoulish "Dinner With Drac", Sheb Wooley's high octane "Purple People Eater" and the genre's biggest success, Bobby Boris Pickett & The Crypt Kickers' perennial "Monster Mash".
Then there are serious collectors' items from Carl Bonafede, Kip Tyler, Jackie Morningstar, Scottie Stuart, Leroy Bowman & The Arrows, Earl Patterson with The Darts, Frank N. Stein & The Tombstones and Jimmy Dee & The Meteors.
Also featured are such diverse names as Screamin' Jay Hawkins, LaVern Baker, Bo Diddley, The Big Bopper, The Hollywood Flames, Bert Convy, Johnny Fuller and Screaming Lord Sutch with many of the rarer tracks unavailable elsewhere on CD.
Rock 'n' Roll wild man Mr. Breathless has been hammering his piano all since the mid 1990s... and there's no stopping him - as the title of his new album "Can't Stop Rockin'" indicates.
This solid set also marks the return of the artist to Bluelight Records, the label that released his debut album no less than 20 years ago.
The track listing reveals what the album is all about: straightforward rock 'n' roll killers with no fillers, drawn from the catalog of Eddie Cochran, Chuck Berry, Gene Summers, Little Richard... and Crazy Cavan 'n' the Rhythm Rockers.